Self-described as "Neo-New Wave" or "Pop Deco", Audra & the Antidote have been called everything from "a cross between early Blondie and 'The Rocky Horror Picture Show'" to "Three rock chicks and one punk dude who offer up pop-trash kicks while dressed like extras from a John Hughes teen love pic". Whatever the case may be, it stands that Audra & the Antidote are out to find the perfect blend of good music and an exciting and entertaining show.
April 2002 Music Row Magazine named Audra & the Antidote as one of the top 3 unsigned bands in Nashville. Here's why:
- Fall of 2001 Audra & the Antidote were among the top 10 bands chosen to perform at the Bowery Ballroom in NYC participating in "The American Music Awards Presents the Coca-Cola New Music Award" in conjunction with CMJ and Dick Clark Productions.
- Spring of 2000 Audra & the Antidote performed "Jenny's Got A Boyfriend" on Farmclub.com TV with Creed and Godsmack. The show aired several times on USA Network and Much Music garnering the band national attention.
- They've been considered twice for VH1's Bands on the Run.
- They've been nominated twice for Sensored Magazine's Best Band
- Nashville music critics John Hood and Charles Earle have declared Audra & the Antidote one of the top bands in Nashville.
- They've performed played many high profile showcases around the southeast.
- Summer of 2001 the band was mentioned in Southwest Airline's onboard magazine, Spirit, regarding new music and the internet.